Code of Conduct
Code of Conduct at CannX Conferences
CannX Conferences are professional scientific events that provide a respectful, harassment-free and inclusive environment for all participants, regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, appearance, ethnicity, race, national origin, age or religion.
All Delegates, including speakers, exhibitors, media, staff, and other participants are expected to behave with integrity and respect towards other delegates attending or involved with the CannX Conferences and/or any related event or activity.
The CannX team is committed to informing Conference delegates about the code of conduct for event attendees, as well as ensuring that procedures and guidance for appropriate reporting of unacceptable behavior of any kind are made available to all those involved.
The present Code of Conduct is not a legal document or prescriptive in nature. It supplements, but does not affect, the application of other relevant policies, regulations, rules and laws, including laws regulating the premises in which the CannX Conference takes place and any applicable host country agreement if the event takes place in a physical venue. The CannX complies with such policies and will report all inappropriate conduct accordingly.
Online Behavior During the CannX Virtual Conference
Conference delegates will be provided with personalized credentials allowing them access to the Virtual Conference. These credentials are personal and non-transferable. Non-registered individuals and minors will not be able to access the Virtual Conference, unless upon prior agreement with the Virtual Conference organizers.
Throughout the Virtual Conference, all meeting delegates are expected to interact with fellow attendees in the same way as at a physical CannX Conference. As such:
- All communication, be it verbal or electronic, must be carried out in a respectful and polite manner. Inappropriate messaging or contact will not be tolerated.
- Live sessions during the Conference will be moderated. Delegates are expected to respect the choices of the moderator in selecting questions or comments, managing session times, etc.
- Any recording, filming, photography, screenshots or other capturing of presentations, live sessions or other events, taking place during, or associated with, the CannX Virtual Conference, is prohibited without the express consent of the presenter. Express consent is a written confirmation by the author in a live chat or email correspondence.
Participants are encouraged to report any experienced harassment to the designated CannX staff at email@example.com. The Conference organizers reserve the right to take any action deemed appropriate in case of harassment. Host institutions of reported individuals will be notified about filed harassment reports.
Use of Camera and Video
Attendees of the CannX Virtual Conference are required to respect the privacy of other participants and refrain from any unauthorized or unwelcomed recording or photography, including recording of any direct or indirect interactions or electronic messaging with other meeting delegates. Participants are not allowed to take photos or videos of scientific material shown unless express prior consent by the presenter has been ascertained. Moreover, integral recording of complete oral presentations is not allowed unless these are done by a professional entity that has been contracted for this purpose by or on behalf of the organizer.
Taking photos and recordings within the Conference environment for professional use is not allowed without obtaining prior permission from the organizer.
CannX adheres to the copyright laws guiding the appropriate sharing of scientific research material, including data. Authors’ consent may be requested by the CannX team in case sharing of scientific material from abstracts/presentations will be required as part of CannX educational activities.
- As detailed under “Online behavior at the CannX Virtual Conference”, any recording, filming, photography, screenshots or other capturing of presentations, live sessions or other events taking place during, or associated with, the CannX Virtual Conference, is prohibited without the express consent of the presenter. Express consent is a written confirmation by the author in a live chat or email correspondence.
Presenters and exhibitors are strongly encouraged to clearly indicate whether or not photography/recording of the poster, presentation, or exhibit booth and sharing/remixing of the material is permitted.
For the purpose of these guidelines, harassment consists of improper or unwelcome conduct that might reasonably be perceived as causing offence or humiliation to another person. Harassment may involve any conduct of a verbal, non-verbal or physical nature, including written and electronic communication, and may occur between persons of the same or different genders. Harassment in any form is not tolerated at the Conference.
Examples of harassment include, but are not limited to:
- Verbal comments that reinforce social structures of domination related to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, ethnicity, race, age, religion, political affiliation
- The production or non-consensual sharing of harassing non-consensual photography or unwanted recording, including sexual images in public spaces (in any format, electronic or otherwise)
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking or following
- Sustained disruption of talks, sessions or other events
- Inappropriate contact, including via electronic communications
- Unwelcomed sexual attention
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behaviors
The Conference organizers reserve the right to take any action as deemed necessary as a consequence of any breach of the present Code of Conduct. This includes reporting to host institutions and permanent removal of Virtual Conference credentials.
In case of a breach of the Code of Conduct, the concerned individuals are requested to contact a member of the CannX staff. CannX staff can be easily reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
CannX reserves all rights to take any action to prevent and report violations of the Code of Conduct, including blocking access to the CannX Virtual Conference and filing a police report when appropriate. CannX cannot investigate reports of harassment or other misconduct during the Conference but will inform the appropriate departments of the accused person’s host institution about any such filed report.